Anthony O and Keith we're super helpful and fast. Thanks Again.
Old Mattress Recycling & Disposal Services
The process of mattress removal isn’t as easy as it looks. Not only are mattresses large and difficult to move on your own, they also can't just be thrown in the garbage or left on a curb. The good news is, mattress disposal and recycling is easy with 1-800-GOT-JUNK?.
Our mattress pick up services require little effort on your end. All you have to do is point!
1-800-GOT-JUNK? will easily take care of your old mattress pickup
Before we load your mattress into our shiny, clean truck, we’ll assess its condition to determine if we can make a mattress donation to a local charity. If not, we’ll ensure that it is taken to a mattress recycling facility or disposed of properly.
How to get rid of a mattress
Once it’s time to say goodbye to your old mattress, there are several options you can consider.
Here are a few ways to get rid of a mattress:
- Sell your mattress online.
- Contact your local recycling center.
- Donate your mattress to a local nonprofit organization or charity.
- Hire a commercial junk removal company that offers waste disposal services.
Mattresses should only go to the landfill as a last resort.
Can I put my mattress on the curb?
Putting your mattress on the curb is not the proper way to dispose of it. Depending on where you live, you could be fined up to $300. Before you contact your local waste management company about bulk garbage pickup, consider donating your old mattress to a local charity or recycling it.
How to dispose of an old bed frame
If your frame, headboard or footboard is in good condition, consider selling them online or donating them to a local charity. Bed frames that are in bad condition can be picked up, recycled, and hauled to your local waste facility.
What parts of a mattress can be recycled?
There are many parts of a mattress that can be recycled. Steel springs, wood frames, stuffing, and fabric are all contained in a mattress and can be recycled and reused in different ways.
However, mattresses are too big to be left out for pickup with your regular recycling. You’ll need to find a facility that specializes in mattress recycling and transport it there on your own.
If you want to make sure all parts of your old mattress are recycled properly without the need to lift a finger, then our friendly and professional crew at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? is the solution for you!
How to recycle a mattress
Mattresses are filled made from a variety of materials that can be reused once the mattress has reached the end of its life cycle.
Here are some ways you can recycle your mattress or give it another chance:
- Contact your local recycling company to find out if they pick up mattresses.
- Check your mattress warranty to see if your mattress can be bought back or collected by your retailer.
- Haul your mattress to a local recycling center.
- Give your mattress away online or to someone you know.
- Find creative uses for your mattress.
What happens when a mattress is recycled?
When a mattress is recycled it is cut open and disassembled. The materials are then compressed, stripped, and taken away. The springs and metal parts are sent to a scrap metal site, while the wooden items are recycled and used as fuel sources.
How do I know if my mattress is bad?
If your mattress is more than eight years old, it’s time to do some shopping. However, there are other warning signs that signal that it's time to upgrade.
Here are six signs that it is time to look for a new mattress:
- You have allergies from dust mites.
- You’re waking up with aches and pains.
- Your mattress has lumps.
- You’re not getting enough sleep.
- Your mattress becomes “too hard” or “too soft.”
- Your mattress creaks and squeaks.
Types of mattresses we collect:
- Inner-Spring Mattresses
- Foam Mattresses
- Box Springs
- Old Cushions
- Platform Beds
- Mattress Foundations
- Adjustable Base Mattresses
- Latex Mattresses
- Water or Air Beds
- Gel & Pillow Top Mattresses
- Memory Foam Mattresses
How our service works:
- Schedule your No Contact Junk Removal service online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
- Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
- When we arrive, we'll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front all-inclusive price.
- We'll remove your items, being sure to only touch the items we're taking away, and sweep up the area. We'll then collect payment once the job is complete.