Eli and Brendan were amazing. it was friendly fast service. I couldnt have asked for a better customer experience..Thanks guys.
Garbage Pickup & Removal Near You
While most areas offer some type of municipal trash pickup, not every city or town is the same. Some might have weekly pickup, some monthly, and some might not offer household garbage removal at all. There may be times when your garbage pickup needs exceed the weekly allowance, and others when they miss your home or business entirely.
1-800-GOT-JUNK? makes waste removal simple!
No matter what the garbage collection schedule is like where you live, you might end up with items that your local waste management company can’t (or won’t) take. If this happens, call 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. We provide an array of garbage removal services, from helping you get rid of furniture and appliances to recurring and one-time trash pickup services.
Whether you need garbage hauled away from your home or business—there’s no job too big or too small for us!
We’re a great solution for both homes and businesses—there’s no job too big or small for us!
Here's how our service works:
1. Simply schedule your free onsite estimate online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
2. Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window.
3. When we arrive, just point to the garbage you want to be removed and we’ll provide you with an up-front, all-inclusive price.
4. Once you say the word, we’ll haul your trash away from wherever it’s located and finish by tidying up the area. Plus, we will recycle and donate whatever we can, whenever possible.
How much garbage can be recycled?
According to the Conference Board of Canada, Canadians produce more garbage per capita than any other nation in the developed world. Canadians produce about 31 million tons of garbage a year, but we only recycle or compost about 30% of it. Experts estimate that 75% of Canada’s waste production is recyclable.
1-800-GOT-JUNK? recycles numerous items, including household goods, tires and rubber products, appliances, electronic waste, metals, glass, and plastics. Interested in what else we recycle? Learn more about our environmental mission.
Why is waste sorting so important?
Waste sorting is important because it ensures that your local recycling program only collects and processes materials that can be recycled. If you mix recyclable and unrecyclable items, nothing in that entire batch of trash can be recycled.
Properly sorting your waste at home ensures the right materials are fed into the right recycling process. At 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, we make sure that everything recyclable gets to the right place for processing.
How to reduce waste
Here are 12 ways to reduce waste in your home and help save the planet:
- Consume less. Use up the items you already have before you buy new.
- Get to know the recycling standards for your city and commit to following them.
- Don’t buy bottled water. Get a reusable bottle and fill it up.
- Avoid all other single-use items, such as plastic cutlery, paper plates, and coffee cups.
- Use reusable bags.
- Compost your food waste.
- Cancel magazine and newspaper subscriptions — read them online instead.
- Stop junk mail.
- Switch to paperless billing.
- Buy secondhand clothing, furniture, and electronics.
- Avoid buying things in oversized packages.
- Support restaurants that use compostable or recyclable containers.
What to do with excess garbage
If you have excess garbage that won’t fit in your garbage bin for regular municipal pickup, call your city government. Some cities will pick up additional garbage, provided you follow a few steps. If your city doesn’t offer these services — or if you don’t want to deal with the hassle — your best bet is to call a commercial junk removal company.
No matter what, don’t attempt to get rid of it by any illegal means, such as using an incorrect bin, putting it in a neighbour’s bin without their permission, or throwing it in a public bin. Doing so could get you a hefty fine.
Types of waste we remove:
- Household Trash
- Organic Waste
- General Garbage