Pre and post-renovation cleaning service
Whether it’s a whole new room, a quick update to a bathroom, or installing some new flooring in your home, renovating your home can be a lot of work. The work keeps going even after the bulk of construction is done— renovations can create a big mess to clean up, with all kinds of garbage and construction debris to get rid of.
1-800-GOT-JUNK?’s professional cleaning after renovation
Much of this debris can’t simply be left out with your household trash; there’s often too much of it for your municipal pickup to handle. While you could rent a dumpster, they can be costly and it takes up a ton of space in your yard or on the street. Instead of tackling post-construction cleanup on your own, let 1-800-GOT-JUNK? take care of it for you.
Our teams are fully insured and make residential construction cleanup easy. We can take all types of renovation debris, including wood, drywall, metal, fixtures, appliances, old furniture, tiles, carpeting, and more. We try to ensure all these items are properly disposed of, which means recycling items and their components where possible.
How to clean after a renovation
When it comes to renovation waste removal, getting your junk hauled out of your space can be daunting. Before you get started, think about the amount of time and energy you’ll need to set aside for the cleanup. It’s also important to think about the type of renovation debris you are dealing with and whether an expert should deal with this for safety purposes. Here are some tips to stay organized when it comes to cleaning up after a renovation:
- Clean your walls thoroughly: Dust your walls if they are newly painted, or wipe down your walls with a damp cloth if you kept the old paint.
- Vacuum: Make sure to vacuum up the renovation area thoroughly to make sure there are no sharp objects lying on your floor. Give the area a quick mop after vacuuming to ensure your spot stays extra clea!
- To clean furniture: Use the upholstery attachment on your vacuum to clean any furniture that may have wooden bits or small debris on it, such as mattresses and sofas.
- Clean light fixtures: Remove light fixtures from your ceiling if necessary and wipe them down thoroughly.
- Clean your vents: Unscrew and clean your vents with warm water and a damp cloth.
- Check the air filters in your home: Make sure there are no missing filters that could potentially damage your furnace, and if your filters stayed in place during renovation - it may be best to replace them.
Residential construction & reno clean up services
Best of all, we’ll do all the heavy lifting for you. We’ll pick up your junk right from where it’s located and load it into our truck - you won’t have to lift a finger. (All you have to do is point!)