The men were on time and very pleasant.
Mattress Disposal & Recycling
Tossing an old mattress can be difficult. Not only are mattresses large and difficult to move on your own, they also can’t simply be thrown in the garbage. If you handle it on your own, most of the options for mattress disposal will require a lot of time and effort on your part.
Mattress removal services near you
The good news is, there’s an easy way to get rid of your old mattress. (And it doesn’t involve abandoning it in an alleyway!) If you need a hand with mattress removal, give 1-800-GOT-JUNK? a call. We’ll get that old mattress out of your way in no time and you won’t have to lift a finger. Let us do all the heavy lifting for you. All you have to do is point! We’re in your neighborhood—find a 1-800-GOT-JUNK? location near you.
Can you donate a mattress?
Absolutely! As long as your mattress is in good condition, it can be donated. This means your mattress should be free from stains, rips, or tears, and not be broken in any way. Each local charitable organization that accepts mattress donations will have slightly different standards for what they take, so it’s best to check with them before you drop it off.
Does 1-800-GOT-JUNK? take old mattresses with bed bugs?
Rules and regulations differ from city to city, so accepting mattresses with bed bugs might not be possible for every 1-800-GOT-JUNK? location.
If you are dealing with a bed bug problem, please let us know ahead of time when you book your on-site estimate. If we’re able to accept it, we ask that you have a pest control professional treat and wrap your mattress completely in plastic before we arrive for pickup. It should also be labeled as “Contains Bed Bugs” to alert others who may handle the mattress. This helps to ensure that the bed bugs from your mattress aren't spread to other people's homes.
Can old mattresses be recycled?
Yes, mattresses can be recycled and the practice is fairly common. Through mattress recycling, approximately 80-90% of the mattress can be reused. That’s quite a lot of material that can be reused and turned into new products!
What parts of a mattress can be recycled?
Steel springs, wood frames, stuffing, and fabric are all contained in a mattress and can be recycled and reused in different ways. However, mattresses can’t simply be left out for pickup with your regular recycling. You’ll often need to find a facility that specializes in mattress recycling, and you’ll need to transport it there on your own.
Why is recycling a mattress is good for the environment?
When you decide to recycle your old mattress, you help reduce the amount of waste that ends up in your local landfill. Many parts of the mattress need to be recycled, as they take decades to decompose if they end up in a landfill.
How do I know when to get a new mattress?
There are several signs that it's time to get a new mattress. These include:
- The mattress is over 8 years old.
- It creaks or squeaks when you move on it.
- It rolls you toward the centre when you lie down.
- Your back hurts when you get up in the morning.
- You don’t feel like you get a restful sleep each night.
- The mattress noticeably sags in the middle.
- You often wake up feeling congested due to dust allergies.
Sleeping on an old mattress could have long term effects on your health, so it’s important to address the issue as soon as possible.
Can an old mattress cause allergies?
Yes, old mattresses often cause allergies. If you have allergy symptoms only at night time, your mattress could be infested with dust mites! They are one of the most common household allergens and like to hide in the cotton folds of your mattress. If you think this is the case, it’s best to get rid of the mattress immediately and get a new one that is dust mite resistant.
- Inner-Spring Mattresses
- Foam Mattresses
- Box Springs
- Old Cushions
- Platform Beds
- Mattress Foundations
- Adjustable Base Mattresses
- Latex Mattresses
- Water or Air Beds
- Gel & Pillow Top Mattresses
- Memory Foam Mattresses
How our service works:
- Schedule your No Contact Junk Removal service online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
- Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
- When we arrive, we'll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front all-inclusive price.
- We'll remove your items, being sure to only touch the items we're taking away, and sweep up the area. We'll then collect payment once the job is complete.