Quick, easy furniture removal services
Moving old furniture is never an easy task. It’s heavy, awkward to move around through your home, and nearly impossible to haul around on your own. If you have a dolly, find a few friends to help and manage to get it all loaded up, you’re still faced with the issue of having to haul it down to the dump, local charity, or wherever its final destination may be, all on your own!
What if there was an easier way? When you call the expert crew at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, all these worries go right out the door!
Furniture that we take
While these are some common examples, the sky's the limit when it comes to furniture we’ll take. If you have any questions about whether we can take the junk in your home you need removed, please don’t hesitate to give us a call—we’re always happy to help.
As long as there’s no hazardous material involved, we can take just about any piece of furniture you can think of! Items we’ll recycle, donate or dispose of for you include:
- Sofa Beds
- Dining Tables
- Filing Cabinets
- China Cabinets
- Wall Units
- Basketball Nets
- Workout Equipment
- Bed Frames
- Coffee Tables
- Outdoor/Patio Furniture
- Entertainment Centers
Why choose 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to pick up and dispose of your old furniture?
Our trusted crew makes junk removal a breeze. We’re in your neighborhood and ready to make your junk disappear today! You never have to worry about moving anything outside for us to pick up—we’ll grab those heavy items right from where they’re located, load them onto our trucks, and ensure that they’re handled responsibly from the minute we take them off your hands. We’re here to make your life easier, so find a 1-800-GOT-JUNK? location near you today.
How our pricing works
The final cost of your junk removal can vary depending on what we take, how much needs to be removed, and how much space it takes up in our trucks. 1-800-GOT-JUNK? is always happy to provide you with an onsite, no-obligation estimate, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Call us today! Click here to see our pricing.
We dispose of your old furniture by recycling & donating where possible
At 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, we always remember the three Rs—Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Disposing of your old items in the most responsible and environmentally friendly way possible is a commitment that’s important to us. Many common household items like sofas, bookcases, desks and bed frames are recyclable if taken to the proper processing facilities, and we always ensure that we do so with the items that can be recycled.
For items that aren’t recyclable, we’ll link up with local charity groups to see if they have a need for furniture donations. If the items are broken or otherwise can’t be recycled or donated, we’ll ensure that they’re properly disposed of. You can learn more about what type of furniture items can be recycled in the FAQs below.
Furniture disposal FAQs
There’s more to throwing your couch away than putting it on your curb. To dispose of or to get rid of your old couch, take the following steps:
- Determine if it’s in good condition for donation. If your couch is reusable, call donation centers and scrap yards to see which ones accept old couches. If it isn’t, call your local scrap yard to see if they will take it.
- Reach out to a junk hauling company like 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - they can figure out where to take it for a small fee.
- If you don’t want to recycle or donate your couch, contact your local waste management company to ask if and when they pick up large items.
- Old couches should only be thrown in a landfill as a last resort.
Wood furniture can be recycled, but it presents a unique problem. Most furniture is made of treated wood, which means it has been pressure treated, stained, painted, or varnished. Treated wood, including particleboard and chipboard, is difficult to recycle due to the chemicals used in the paints and varnishes. Items made from untreated wood can be recycled, reused, and sometimes even composted.
Recycling your furniture is beneficial to the environment. It saves energy, natural resources, and prevents the release of harmful substances once the furniture breaks down over time. Recycling furniture that is made of materials like untreated wood, plastic, metal, foam, or fabric ensures that your furniture gets turned into something new, keeps items out of the landfill, and reduces the strain on the environment caused by the creation of new materials.
Dismantling your couch is easier than you think with the right tools.
Here’s how to dismantle a couch in no-time:
- Start by removing the cushions.
- Turn the sofa on its back in order to take apart the legs.
- Use a flathead screwdriver or staple remover to remove the upholstery completely. Continue unscrewing, one section at a time. Some couches may require the arms to come off before the bottom and back can separate.
Dismantling your couch is an easy task if you have the right tools and the patience to get the job done right. If you want to skip the hassle, you can always call our professional junk haulers at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to handle couch removal for you.
Since most offices contain a large amount of furniture, finding what to do with it when you’re moving can be tough. However, you do have options.
Here’s what you can do with old office furniture:
- Sell the furniture.
- Give the furniture to your employees.
- Donate it to a local charity.
- Call your city or local scrap yard to see what types of large items they are able to take.
- Repurpose the furniture (ex. make planters out of cabinets).
- Put it on the curb for free.
- Haul it to the dump.
- Donate your equipment to a non-profit organization.
- Contact your local community college to see if students could benefit from it.
- Hire a local junk removal company, like 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, that offers furniture removal.
Keep in mind that several of these options still require you to move a large amount of furniture by yourself or with the help of coworkers, which might result in injury and disrupt valuable work time. When you call 1-800-GOT-JUNK? we’ll handle all the heavy lifting for you!
There are many options to get your old furniture picked up after making a few calls.
To get your old furniture picked up:
- Reach out to your local Furniture Bank.
- Contact local shelters or donation centers, like Goodwill or the Salvation Army.
- Schedule a pickup with places like Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
- Hire a junk removal company, like 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, to handle all the heavy lifting for you!
It can get frustrating to dispose of your old furniture especially if the items are large, bulky, and heavy. It becomes hard and sometimes dangerous to move and carry the pieces outside the house.
There are a few ways to get rid of your old furniture depending on the condition and if it’s damaged.
- Donate them to charities or NGOs
- Put them out on garage sale or online sale
- Leave them on the curb (however, this option is potentially unsafe)
- Call 1-800-GOT-JUNK? who will donate the donate-ables for you
Broken, damaged, unusable
- Take them to the junkyard
- Call a professional junk removal service to take your old furniture and dispose or recycle them in a proper way
At 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, we provide a safe, efficient, and environmentally friendly furniture removal service. We make sure the old furniture ends up in the right place by donating items in good condition to charity or taking them to a recycling facility if they are damaged beyond use.
No matter what, we do the heavy lifting for you and dispose of your old furniture responsibly. We make junk disappear, all you have to do is point!