Keith and Jaden were excellent. Literally point and the junk is gone. Very reasonable...
Used Furniture Pick Up & Removal
Getting rid of old furniture isn’t an easy process. It's heavy, awkward, hard to maneuver, and is nearly impossible to do on your own. You may even need extra hands and tools, such as a dolly, to move heavier pieces. Even if you can manage to convince someone to help you with the heavy lifting, you still have to drop it off for donation or at the dump on your own.
Convenient furniture disposal near you
Luckily, there's a much easier way to deal with furniture removal—let 1-800-GOT-JUNK? take care of it for you! It might be the easiest decision you’ll ever make. Our No Contact Junk Removal service allows us to remove items without direct contact, to ensure the comfort and safety of our customers and our teams. We’ll grab those heavy items out of your home or office, load them onto our truck, and ensure that it gets donated or recycled whenever possible. It’s full-service junk removal, but you don’t have to touch anything, and we touch only the things we’re going to carry away. We’re in your neighborhood—find a 1-800-GOT-JUNK? location near you.
Is your furniture in good condition? We offer furniture donation pick up too
Save old furniture from the landfill by donating it! Our Truck Team Members will donate the below items whenever possible.
How to dispose of an old couch
There’s more to throwing your couch away than putting it on your curb. To dispose of your old couch, take the following steps:
- Determine if it’s in good condition for donation. If your couch is reusable, call donation centers and scrap yards to see which ones accept old couches. If it isn’t, call your local scrap yard to see if they will take it.
- Reach out to a junk hauling company - they can figure out where to take it for a small fee.
- If you don’t want to recycle or donate your couch, contact your local waste management company to ask if and when they pick up large items.
- Old couches should only be thrown in a landfill as a last resort.
Can wood furniture be recycled?
Wood furniture can be recycled, but it presents a unique problem. Most furniture is made of treated wood, which means it has been pressure treated, stained, painted, or varnished. Treated wood, including particleboard and chipboard, is difficult to recycle due to the chemicals used in the paints and varnishes. Items made from untreated wood can be recycled, reused, and sometimes even composted.
What are the benefits of recycling furniture?
Recycling your furniture is beneficial to the environment. It saves energy, natural resources, and prevents the release of harmful substances once the furniture breaks down over time. Recycling furniture that is made of materials like untreated wood, plastic, metal, foam, or fabric ensures that your furniture gets turned into something new, keeps items out of the landfill, and reduces the strain on the environment caused by the creation of new materials.
How to dismantle a couch
Dismantling your couch is easier than you think with the right tools.
Here’s how to dismantle a couch in no-time:
- Start by removing the cushions.
- Turn the sofa on its back in order to take apart the legs.
- Use a flathead screwdriver or staple remover to remove the upholstery completely. Continue unscrewing, one section at a time. Some couches may require the arms to come off before the bottom and back can separate.
Dismantling your couch is an easy task if you have the right tools and the patience to get the job done right. If you want to skip the hassle, you can always call our professional junk haulers at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to handle couch removal for you.
I'm moving offices. What can I do with old office furniture?
Since most offices contain a large amount of furniture, finding what to do with it when you’re moving can be tough. However, you do have options.
Here’s what you can do with old office furniture:
- Sell the furniture.
- Give the furniture to your employees.
- Donate it to a local charity.
- Call your city or local scrap yard to see what types of large items they are able to take.
- Repurpose the furniture (ex. make planters out of cabinets).
- Put it on the curb for free.
- Haul it to the dump.
- Donate your equipment to a non-profit organization.
- Contact your local community college to see if students could benefit from it.
- Hire a local junk removal company that offers furniture removal.
Keep in mind that several of these options still require you to move a large amount of furniture by yourself with the help of coworkers, which might result in injury and disrupt valuable work time.
What are my options to get old furniture picked up?
There are many options to get your old furniture picked up after making a few calls.
To get your old furniture picked up:
- Reach out to your local Furniture Bank.
- Contact local shelters or donation centers, like Goodwill or the Salvation Army.
- Schedule a pickup with places like Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
- Hire a junk removal company.
- Sofa Beds
- Dining Tables
- Filing cabinets
- China cabinets
- Wall units
- Basketball Nets
- Workout Equipment
How our service works:
- Schedule your No Contact Junk Removal service online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
- Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
- When we arrive, we'll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front all-inclusive price.
- We'll remove your items, being sure to only touch the items we're taking away, and sweep up the area. We'll then collect payment once the job is complete.