They were prompt to arrive and gave me a call in advance. They moved everything carefully...
Furniture Removal & Pick Up
Getting rid of old furniture isn’t an easy process. It's heavy, awkward, hard to maneuver, and is nearly impossible to do on your own. You may even need extra hands and tools, such as a dolly, to move heavier pieces. Even if you can manage to convince someone to help you with the heavy lifting, you still have to drop it off for donation or at the dump on your own.
Convenient furniture disposal near you
Luckily, there's a much easier way to deal with furniture removal—let 1-800-GOT-JUNK? take care of it for you! It might be the easiest decision you’ll ever make. Our No Contact Junk Removal service allows us to remove items without direct contact, to ensure the comfort and safety of our customers and our teams. We’ll grab those heavy items out of your home or office, load them onto our truck, and ensure that it gets donated or recycled whenever possible. It’s full-service junk removal, but you don’t have to touch anything, and we touch only the things we’re going to carry away. We’re in your neighborhood—find a 1-800-GOT-JUNK? location near you.
Here's how our service works:
1. Simply schedule your free onsite estimate online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
2. Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window.
3. When we arrive, just point to the old or broken furniture you want to be removed and we’ll provide you with an up-front, all-inclusive price.
4. Once you say the word, we’ll haul your furniture away from wherever it’s located and finish by tidying up the area. Plus, we will recycle and donate whatever we can, whenever possible.
Can you throw a couch in the dumpster?
It’s best to avoid throwing your couch in or near a dumpster. It may seem like the easiest way to get rid of your old couch, many garbage services aren’t equipped to handle couch removal. And even if they are, they often require old couches to be broken down before it can be removed.
Am I allowed to put my old furniture on the curb to give it away for free?
It depends on where you are located and the type of living space you have. Some city guidelines do offer furniture pick up, while others do not allow residents to haul their furniture to the curb and will fine you for doing so. If your building has a strata manager, check on whether this is allowed. It can get stressful if no one ends up taking the item, and you’ll end up having to find another tactic.
How can I take apart a couch for disposal?
Taking apart your couch is a multi-step process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Remove the cushions from the sofa.
- Turn the sofa on its back in order to take apart the legs.
- Use a staple remover or screwdriver to take apart the upholstery.
- Disassemble the wood frame.
- You’re done! Now you can dispose of the couch’s individual components.
Who can I get to pick up old furniture?
You have a few options when it comes to old furniture pick up:
- Check with your city and see if they offer free pick up for large items. Regulations vary depending on the location you are in.
- Sell or give your old furniture away for free and have the buyer pick it up from your home.
- Donate it to a local charity. Some may offer to pick up the items for you, but you may have to drop it off yourself.
- Haul it yourself to the dump. However, this can be tricky to organize, especially if you don’t already have a truck that can fit all your items.
- Hire a professional junk removal service like 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to handle furniture pick up for you.
I'm moving offices. What can I do with old office furniture?
Since most offices contain a large amount of furniture, take an inventory of everything you don’t need to take with you when it comes to a commercial move. This helps keep track of what you want to take and what you need to get rid of.
Consider selling or giving furniture to your employees or donating them to your local charity. You can also call your city or local scrap yard to see what types of large items they are able to take. A professional junk removal service like 1-800-GOT-JUNK? can make the office furniture removal process easy for you.
Can you recycle wood furniture?
Yes, depending on the type of wood used. If you have items that are made from untreated wood, these can be recycled and sometimes even composted. Most furniture is made of treated wood, which means it has been pressure treated, stained, painted or varnished. This type of wood, along with particleboard and chipboard, is very difficult to recycle due to the chemicals in the varnishes, paints, adhesives, and other wood treatment products. The best thing to do with old treated wood furniture is to find a way to reuse it.
- Sofa Beds
- Dining Tables
- Filing cabinets
- China cabinets
- Wall units
- Basketball Nets
- Workout Equipment