Jeremy and Marcus were great !
Appliance pick up and recycling near you
If you’ve ever tried to move a fridge or stove, you know it’s a difficult job without help. Lifting heavy objects alone can be dangerous, and can cause serious back injuries if done incorrectly.
Not only is do-it-yourself heavy appliance removal difficult, improper disposal can also harm the environment. Many old appliances contain ozone-depleting chemicals that disperse into the air when left to break down in a landfill. Taking the proper steps to handle your appliance disposal responsibly not only preserves your back health but the health of the environment, too.
Professional appliance disposal and removal services
At 1-800-GOT-JUNK? we’re experts in responsible appliance disposal. We’ve got the inside scoop on appliance recycling, equipment to handle your old appliance pick up safely, and skills to keep your back and home damage-free. And if your old appliance still works, we’ll donate it to charity. We’re in your neighborhood—find a 1-800-GOT-JUNK? location near you.
Here's how our service works:
1. Simply schedule your free onsite estimate online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
2. Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled appointment window to let you know what time to expect them.
3. When we arrive, just point to the old or broken appliances you want to have removed and we’ll provide you with an up-front, all-inclusive price.
4. Once you say the word, we’ll haul your old appliance away from wherever it’s located and finish by tidying up the area. Plus, we will recycle and donate whatever we can, whenever possible.
Can you throw a microwave in the garbage?
Microwaves are made up of metal, plastic, glass, and electronic components. These substances have the potential to be harmful to the environment if they are left to sit in a landfill. Recycling or donating your microwave keeps these harmful materials away from the environment.
If your microwave is in good working condition, donating it is always the best option. You might know someone else who can use it, or you can donate it to a local charity. If your microwave no longer works, it can be broken down into its components and recycled.
Why is small appliance recycling important?
Any product containing metal should be recycled. Production of new metals can be costly and damaging to the environment. Recycling metals reduces the environmental impact of using metals. Many smaller appliances also contain substances that can decompose when left to sit in a landfill, releasing gases into the air and other toxins that can contaminate the soil and water supply.
Some communities mandate that some small appliances be recycled. But even if there isn’t a law in place to prevent these items from ending up in landfills, it’s always important to recycle these items where possible.
What old appliances can be recycled?
Most household appliances can be recycled, including:
- Washing and drying machines
- Cooking pans
Larger appliances are often broken down and used as scrap metal. The metal is then recycled by being separated, melted down, and reused in manufacturing. Smaller appliances often contain recyclable materials and can be recycled in local blue bins. However, the rules vary depending on location.
How should I dispose of appliances?
There are many ways to get rid of old appliances, depending on the condition of the item.
1. Donate it to charity.
If it still works, try donating it to a local charity. They may even be able to pick it up for you. Many local charities accept appliances of all sizes, and these items often go to people who may not be able to afford brand new items.
2. Sell it.
If your item is in good working condition, you could try to sell it online. Most people will be willing to pick up items directly from your home, so you don’t have to worry about transporting it.
3. Recycle it.
If your items don’t work anymore, you can also your appliances at local transfer stations or scrap metal recyclers. You’ll need a truck and will have to load up your items and drop them off yourself. This method typically takes a lot of time.
- Air Conditioners
- Clothes Dryers
- Space Heaters
- Stoves & Ovens
- Water Heaters
- Washing Machines
How our service works:
- Schedule your No Contact Junk Removal service online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
- Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
- When we arrive, we'll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front all-inclusive price.
- We'll remove your items, being sure to only touch the items we're taking away, and sweep up the area. We'll then collect payment once the job is complete.