Storage unit cleanout services
Storage units are supposed to act as a temporary storage solution for items you don’t need to access regularly. However, many people tend to keep adding items which can lead to junk piling up. Before you know it, you can end up with a storage unit full of items you’ll never use again. If this sounds like your storage unit, it’s time to clean it out and make sure you’re not paying for space you don’t need. Storage clean outs don’t have to be strenuous. In fact, you don’t even have to lift a finger! Our professional teams at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? can handle any storage unit junk removal job, no matter the size.
Storage unit cleanout & junk removal made simple.
Cleaning out a storage unit by yourself can be pretty daunting. If you need a hand with storage unit junk removal, we’re happy to help! At 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, we’re junk removal experts and have tons of experience cleaning out storage lockers. Storage cleanout services can be easy with our help. The best part is, we’ll do all the heavy lifting for you! If you’re wondering, “how do I find storage unit cleanout services near me?” Then look no further than our friendly Truck Team Members at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. There’s no need to move items out before we arrive—we’ll remove items right from the storage unit and load it into our truck. All you have to do is point. Storage unit cleanup can be a breeze!
How to get rid of storage unit stuff
Are you in the process of cleaning storage units and wondering where to start? Fortunately, storage clean outs can be straight forward if you stay organized. Follow the five steps below for some tips on how to start:
- Get in the right cleaning mood: If you haven’t cleared out your storage unit in a while, then there’s a high chance that you’ve forgotten what items are stored inside. You should first set some time aside to get the task done and recognize that some sentimental items may elicit some emotions. It’s also nice to have another helper if there is a lot of clutter to go through.
- Take inventory of items inside: As soon as you open the storage unit, give the space a quick scan and write down what type of things are inside. This will help you determine how much time you will need.
- Make different piles when sorting: To help you stay organized, it is helpful to separate items by category into different piles. Three key piles you should make are keep, donate, and throw out. Storage areas should be clear of clutter at the end of this step.
- Get professional storage cleanout services: There are many companies that offer storage unit cleaning services such as 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. If there is an overwhelming amount of clutter to sort through or some large items that need to be picked up, it is best to call a junk removal company. This ensures that the items are safely removed. Check out our guide on how to prepare for junk removal service for more information!
- Reach out to donation centers: If there are items that are still in good condition, you should donate them to the closest thrift store or donation organization near you. This helps with landfill diversion and ensures your items can go to a second home!
- Clean out your storage unit on a regular basis: In order to keep your storage unit clutter free and make future cleaning easier, be sure to organize your items so things can easily be found.
How to get rid of storage unit stuff
If you’re wondering where to start when it comes to storage unit cleanout, check out our helpful list below for some tips!
- Assess your storage unit and make a list of the types of items to be sorted
- Make different piles according to your needs. Some common sorting methods people use when cleaning out storage units include making a donation, junk, and “keep” pile.
- For items you wish to keep in storage, stack them neatly, and categorize them to help you find the items easier in the future.
- For items you wish to get rid of, you can load them up in your car and drive to the local recycling center, or phone a junk removal company such as 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to do the heavy lifting for you.
- For items you wish to donate, you can bag smaller items and move larger items to your car to give to your nearest donations center. Always phone ahead and double-check if the donation center will take your items if unsure.
- Sweep up the storage unit so it’s sparkling clean!
- Once your storage area is free from clutter, you can relax knowing that the cleanout is done and your space is organized again!