This was a wonderful service and will most likely be using them again in the future. The...
Refrigerator Recycling & Disposal
Moving a refrigerator is hard to do alone – they’re heavy, awkward to maneuver, and need the combined strength of a small team of people to move even a few feet.
If you’re trying to get rid of an old refrigerator, you can’t just throw it out with the rest of your trash. Even if you manage to get it to the curb, many areas don’t offer refrigerator pick up or recycling as part of their garbage disposal services.
1-800-GOT-JUNK? handles your old refrigerator pick up with ease
Instead of handling refrigerator disposal on your own, let 1-800-GOT-JUNK? take care of it. Whether you have a single home-sized refrigerator or a few dozen chest freezers, we’re happy to help with both working and non-working refrigerator pick up. In fact, our trucks can fit up to eight, full-sized, stand-up refrigerators!
Once we do the heavy lifting, we’ll make sure your old fridge gets donated, recycled, or disposed of properly. Proper refrigerator disposal can help prevent the harmful chemicals it contains from damaging the environment - keeping the planet green.
Here's how our service works:
1. Simply schedule your free onsite estimate online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
2. Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window.
3. When we arrive, just point to the old or broken refrigerator you want to be removed and we’ll provide you with an up-front, all-inclusive price.
4. Once you say the word, we’ll haul your refrigerator away from wherever it’s located and finish by tidying up the area. Plus, we will recycle and donate whatever we can, whenever possible.
How do I get rid of my old refrigerator?
If you’re looking to move or just to upgrade your kitchen, you may find yourself ready to part ways with your cooling appliance. When it’s time to start thinking about disposing your old refrigerator, there are several responsible ways to get rid of it:
- Donate your used fridge to a local charity
- Take your refrigerator to a recycling facility
- Add your fridge to the rest of your garbage
- Request to have your fridge picked up from a retailer
- Schedule an old refrigerator disposal from a junk removal service
When it’s time to get rid of your old fridge, throwing it in a landfill should be your last option.
Can you recycle a refrigerator?
You sure can! In fact, many cities require appliance refrigerator by federal law. Most fridges and freezers contain oils and chemical refrigerants that need to be carefully removed and properly disposed of to avoid harming the environment. Once this process is complete, the fridge can be broken down into separate parts for recycling.
Why should refrigerators be recycled?
Refrigerators, freezers, and other major appliances contain oils, chemical refrigerants, foam insulation, and electrical components that can cause damage to the environment if not disposed of properly.
Some of these materials, such as metal and plastic, are not biodegradable and can take up large amounts of space in landfills. And when left to sit, fridges may begin to leak chemical components into the soil, damaging the surrounding environment.
How do I recycle my old fridge?
If you’re ready to get rid of your old fridge, there are several responsible ways to do so. Start by contacting your local waste and recycling pickup services to find out if they accept old kitchen appliances. You might also want to reach out to a local scrap metal recycler to see if they accepting working or non-working refrigerators.
If you’re buying a new fridge, ask your appliance retailer if they offer a recycling program after purchasing new items. You can also contact your local energy companies to find out if they offer refrigerators or freezer recycling programs.
Once you’re ready to recycle, you’ll need to do some heavy lifting. Don’t risk injuring your back by hauling your fridge yourself, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? is happy to help. Just point and your old fridge will disappear! We’ll remove your refrigerator right from where it’s located, load it into our truck, and even tidy up when we’re done.
How do I get my old fridge ready for disposal?
If you’re getting ready to get rid of your refrigerator, there are a few steps you must take to make sure that your fridge is disposed of properly:
- Unplug the fridge a few hours early to defrost the evaporator
- Make sure you remove all foods and perishable goods
- Tape down loose items such as shelves and compartments
Don’t try lifting the ridge alone - it’s more than a one person job! Call 1-800-GOT-JUNK? and let us do the work for you. Just point and your old refrigerator disappears!
How do I know when I need to toss out my fridge?
Warm food is the most obvious warning sign that your fridge has stopped working. Before you get ready to throw it out, there are a few areas to check first.
- Check the temperature setting inside the fridge. If it’s set to a high temperature, it may be working fine.
- Check the compressor behind your fridge and listen for the motor sound. If the motor runs but the temperature inside the fridge hasn’t cooled down, then the compressor might be broken.
- Check the inside coils. If you see a large amount of frost buildup, the coils may be broken.
If this sounds like your fridge, it is best that you replace it immediately. Save yourself the hassle of hauling your fridge on your own - our friendly and efficient crew is in your neighborhood and ready to help with your fridge pick up! To get your free no-obligation, onsite estimate, just give us a call or book online.
We pick up old refrigerators, no matter the size
- Compact Refrigerators
- Mini Fridge & Freezers
- Full-Sized Deep Freezers
- Full-sized Combination Fridges
- Top Freezer Refrigerators
- Side-by-Side Refrigerators
- Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
- French Door Refrigerators
- Counter-Depth Refrigerators