Workman were timely, polite, efficient. Did a great job removing the items that I wanted removed.
TV Recycling & Disposal
Everyone wants to get their hands on the latest and greatest technology when it comes to televisions. Of course, every time you upgrade your TV, you have to get rid of the old one. Getting rid of an old TV can be a bit difficult, especially if it’s a larger model that you can’t carry on your own.
Efficient old TV removal services
If you want to handle your old TV removal responsibly but just don’t have the time to handle it on your own, give 1-800-GOT-JUNK? a call. We’ll come to your home, haul out your old TV, and ensure that it is properly disposed of or recycled whenever possible. You’ll save time and money, and you’ll feel good knowing that your television has been properly disposed of. We’re in your neighborhood—find a 1-800-GOT-JUNK? location near you.
Can I throw a TV in the trash?
No, you should never throw an old TV in the trash. In fact, many garbage pickup services don’t pick up televisions, so it might not even be an option. Most old TVs also contain harmful chemicals and parts that need to be safely disposed of.
How do you dispose of an old or broken TV?
You have a few options when it comes to getting rid of an old TV.
- Donate your TV. There are many local charities that accept televisions that still work. Keep in mind that you will probably need to drop it off on your own.
- Take it to a recycling facility. Depending on where you live, they may offer a pick up service.
- Return it to the manufacturer. Some companies offer to take old TVs back and recycle or refurbish them. Contact the manufacturer to see if your TV is eligible for this service.
- Sell it. If your TV still works and isn’t too old, you may be able to sell it to someone else.
- Give it away for free. Again, if your TV still works, you may be able to find someone to come pick it up for free.
Can you recycle a television?
Yes, there are many components of a TV (inside and out) that can be recycled. To recycle your TV, you need to take it to a facility that is equipped to properly take the TV apart so that all the individual parts can be recycled.
Why is it important to recycle a TV?
TV recycling can also produce valuable materials that can easily be reused, including plastic, glass, copper wiring, and even precious metals. They can be used to create new products and can also help reduce the amount of resources needed for the production of new metals, glass, and plastic.
Like many other electronics, TVs contain chemicals that, if disposed of improperly, can damage our health and the environment. Responsible TV disposal, such as professional recycling, is important to prevent these chemicals from unnecessarily polluting the air and water.
How can I recycle my old TV?
Look for a local recycling facility that is equipped to handle TV recycling. E-cycling Central is a great resource that can help you find a recycling depot near you. Or, you can check to see if the manufacturer of your old TV has a recycling program. You can also call a professional junk hauling company like 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to come to take it away and recycle it for you.
- CRT Televisions
- LED or LCD TVs
- Plasma Televisions
- Flat Screen Televisions
- Rear Projection TVs
How our service works:
- Schedule your No Contact Junk Removal service online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
- Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
- When we arrive, we'll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front all-inclusive price.
- We'll remove your items, being sure to only touch the items we're taking away, and sweep up the area. We'll then collect payment once the job is complete.