Garage cleanout services
Garages are great for storing your items and protecting your vehicles from the elements. However, they usually end up losing their functionality due to an accumulation of junk.If this sounds like your garage, contact your local 1-800-GOT-JUNK? for our professional garage cleanout services.
1-800-GOT-JUNK? makes garage cleaning easy
Imagine what life could be like with a perfectly clean and organized garage. When you get rid of the clutter, you’ll be able to find the things you need and who knows, you might even be able to park your car.
While a clean garage sounds nice, when it comes down to actually cleaning out the garage on your own it can be a very daunting task. Thankfully, you don’t have to handle it alone. At 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, we’re garage junk removal experts and we’re happy to help! Whether you need to clear out a couple of larger items or a storage unit full of junk, we’ll get your space cleaned out in no time.
How to clean out a garage full of junk
Garages can quickly fill up with junk quickly and when they do, finding what you need can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. If that’s the case for you, follow these steps to clean out your garage and bring back it’s functionality:
- Give yourself ample time. Rushing through a cleaning job will only amount to more work that needs to be done. Be prepared to spend a few days cleaning your garage.
- Separate your items into categories. Your garage should operate similar to a retail store where each section has its own items. Move your outdoor gear together, your sporting equipment together, your garden tools together, and create any other categories that make sense. Once you have categorized your items, evaluate what needs to go and what can stay. The more thorough you are in this step, the easier the rest of the garage cleanout process will be.
- Discard, sell, or donate items that don’t belong. Place any remaining items in a discard pile to be dealt with later. Turn your junk into someone else’s treasure by selling or donating it if it’s usable.
- Hire extra help. While you might be able to do it on your own, our professionals at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? are trained to handle cleanouts with ease. This way you can enjoy a clean garage without the additional hassle.
- Figure out the ideal garage layout. Now that you have separated all of your items into distinct piles, determine where these sections are going to live.Due to the space needed to park your car,,you may need to install shelves to get some items off the ground.
- Put everything in its place. Now that you’ve thought about where things are going to fit, it’s time to put the puzzle together. Be patient, things don’t always work out perfectly the first time. The important thing to remember is that all of this is going to benefit you in the future, so take your time to do it right.
- Call junk removal to discard your unwanted items or do it yourself. Most of the time, the junk in our garage is too big for municipal waste services. If this is the case for you, call your local 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to responsibly handle your garage waste
How to organize your garage
Once you’ve cleaned out your garage, and you know how much time and energy it took to do it, you’ll want to implement some space-saving strategies to stay organized. Proper storage solutions will help keep clutter at bay and allow you to find items with ease.
Use these tips to keep your garage tidy:
- Install shelves to add layers of organization
- Use storage bins to keep similar items together
- Think vertically and hang tools, bikes, and toys
- Designate cubbies or places where each person can store their items
- Think ahead by planning the space needed for seasonal items
Keeping a garage organized is the easiest way to save time and energy when it comes to a full garage cleanout. Check out our garage organization tips for more information!
Your local garage cleanout provider
We make garage junk removal easy. It starts with our easy booking process—just give us a call or visit us online and choose a time that is convenient for you. On the day of your appointment, we’ll give you a call before we arrive to let you know when to expect us.