Justin and Joe were great! Efficient and polite! Will call again. Thank you!
Shed Removal & Demolition Services
It’s easy for sheds to become messy and cluttered over time. What might have started with just a few lawn and garden tools, can quickly lead to a shed that’s overcrowded with junk. If you’ve got a shed that is full of unwanted items or you are looking for shed removal altogether, we can help!
Make the shed tear down and removal process simple with 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
At 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, we’re junk removal experts. We’ll take care of all the heavy lifting by removing your unwanted junk from inside your shed and loading it into our trucks. If it’s time for the shed to be torn down and removed, we can take care of that too.
Our goal is to make the process of shed removal and demolition easy for you. Whether it’s old tools, lawnmowers, or the shed itself, give us a call and we’ll get it out of your way.
Do all 1-800-GOT-JUNK? locations provide shed removal?
Some of our locations are fully-serviced to not only remove the junk from your shed, but remove the shed, too! To find out if your local 1-800-GOT-JUNK? team will demolish your shed, give us a call!
Do you need a permit to demolish your shed?
In most states, you need a permit to demolish a shed. Permits are required any time a building is constructed, altered, or demolished, especially in big cities. However, there are some places that do not require a permit to demolish your shed, so check with your city’s Building Department for their regulations..
What size sheds do we remove?
Shed sizes vary and the bigger they are, the more effort it will take to tear it down. The professionals at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? are able to remove small to medium-sized sheds if it can be safely taken down by two people with no special equipment. Our Truck Team Members perform a no obligation on-site estimation so you know exactly what you’ll be paying. For more information, contact your local 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to see if they offer shed removal in your area.
How much does it cost to remove a shed?
The average shed removal cost ranges from $200-$2,000. Shed tear down and removal costs are influenced by three factors: the location of the shed, the condition of the shed, and the way the shed was built and anchored.
The price will fluctuate if the shed’s location in your yard is difficult to reach or causes difficulties during the teardown.
The condition of your shed can greatly influence the cost to remove. Newer built sheds will be more difficult to demolish than old sheds that have been rotting away. If your shed is still in good condition, we recommend trying to sell it before committing to a teardown. You may find someone who will gladly remove it for you.
The shed removal price will vary depending on the type of foundation that holds your shed in place. If you have cement anchor points, it will be more costly to remove than a shed that sits on the ground. Also, if your shed is wired with electricity, that could increase the cost to demolish it.
Tearing down a shed: A step-by-step miniguide
Shed teardown and removal should be left for the professionals. They are experienced, have the correct equipment, and any risk of injury is covered by their employer. However, we completely understand if you like a good challenge or need to save some money. If you decide to tear your old shed down, you'll need to gather some basic tools first:
- Safety equipment (work boots, gloves, glasses, and a hard hat if you have one)
- Pry Bar
- Adjustable wrench
- Claw hammer
- Hand saw
- Wheelbarrow (optional; used for transporting shed demolition waste)
Once you have the right tools, follow these instructions to stay safe:
- Disconnect the electricity. The last thing you want is a quick jolt when you’re hard at work, so ensure the electricity is completely turned off.
- Remove the windows. Start by removing the trim around the interior and exterior of your windows. Carefully remove the window sashes and frame pieces before prying the window and its frame from the wall.
- Remove the doors. Close your doors, then use a hammer and nail to pop out the hinge pins. Once the hinge pins are out, place a tarp under the door and remove it. Place the door on the tarp if it’s too heavy to manage.
- Raise the roof. Carefully remove the shingles from the roof. Once stripped, disassemble the framework of the roof by removing the nails that hold it in place.
- Break down the walls. Use a handsaw and cut into one wall from top to bottom to create a starting point. Be mindful of the studs and wiring that are behind. Using either your hand or a hammer, remove the drywall, one section at a time. Once the drywall is removed you can begin disassembling the external walls.
- Rip up or break down the floor. The last step of demolishing a shed involves ripping up the wood flooring or breaking down the concrete slab. A pry bar and flooring tool work nicely to pry nails and floorboards, but you may need a professional contractor with a jackhammer to remove the concrete.
Shed tear down and removal is tough work. If you start tearing your shed down and realize it’s too much to handle, contact your local 1-800-GOT-JUNK? team to finish the job.
Old Shed Cleanout
At 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, we’re junk removal experts. We’ll take care of all the heavy lifting, removing all your unwanted junk right from inside your shed and loading it into our trucks. Our goal is to make the process of junk removal easy for you. Whether it’s old tools, bikes, or just about anything else you no longer need, give us a call and we’ll get it out of your way.
How our service works:
- Schedule your No Contact Junk Removal service online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
- Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
- When we arrive, we'll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front all-inclusive price.
- We'll remove your items, being sure to only touch the items we're taking away, and sweep up the area. We'll then collect payment once the job is complete.