Professional basement clean out services
Basements are versatile as they can be used as a second living room, a fun game room, or an area for extra storage. While everyone dreams of having their perfect basement, it often becomes an underground storage unit. If you want to declutter and reclaim your basement, it’s time to call the professionals at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to make it happen. We offer reliable basement cleanout services.
Basement junk removal & decluttering by 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
If you’ve managed to let the junk pile up in your basement over the years, the thought of cleaning it up by yourself is probably a bit scary. The good news is, you don’t have to do it on your own. If you need a hand with basement junk removal, call 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to help remove any unwanted items and dispose of them responsibly. We’re basement cleaning and junk removal experts with years of experience.
How to prepare for our basement cleanout services
Our professionals are able to declutter your basement so it can be transformed into the space you’ve always wanted it to. All it takes is knowing what items are junk and what items aren’t — which is where you come in.
To prepare for basement cleanout services, set aside some time to go through each section of your basement and identify the junk you want to be removed. When you’re ready to make your junk disappear, call your local 1-800-GOT-JUNK? team, all you have to do is point! You’ll thank us for your decluttered basement later!
How to cleanout the basement
Basement cleanouts typically occur when a homeowner can no longer easily locate items. To make the process of cleaning out your basement easier, follow our six step basement cleaning checklist:
- Start one section at a time. Be thorough and take your time. Rushing through will only amount to more work later on.
- Be realistic with your time. Cleaning out a basement may take a few hours or it could take an entire weekend. Avoid self-imposed deadlines and do the job right the first time.
- Separate items into four piles. Go through each item and organize it into either the junk pile, the keep pile, the sell/donate pile, or the relocate pile. Each pile serves a purpose to help you stay organized throughout your cleanout. The relocate pile is for items that you still want, but need to move to a more suitable room.
- If the items haven’t been used in two years, toss them. This is an easy rule to follow when trying to decide if an item should stay or go.
- Reorganize the items you are keeping. Save time during your next basement clean up by using space-saving storage ideas like dividers, shelves, and organizers to keep things neat.
- Wipe, wash, vacuum, and dust. When you’ve finished organizing your items into the four piles, the next step of the basement cleanout is the actual cleaning. Start high and systematically dust, wash, and wipe, knocking everything to the ground to be vacuumed or mopped later. This includes baseboards, windowsills, and walls.
Despite the time and energy that is required, decluttering your basement feels great when it’s done. If you find that you need help clearing out your basement, call our professionals at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to get the job done quickly! Plus, we properly discard items by recycling and donating whenever possible.