Simple house clean out services
In our experience with cleaning out estates, one thing has become clear — it’s tough clearing out a loved one’s home. During such a difficult and sensitive time you want a company that will be punctual, patient, and respectful to help ease the process. You can count on our professionals at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to handle your house cleanout needs while providing the utmost in customer care.
Preparing for an estate cleanout
While estate cleanouts are never easy, there are some tips to help manage the stressful task. If you are facing a situation where you need real estate cleanout services, follow these steps to prepare:
- Locate and file away all financial documents. When a loved one passes, their taxes still need to be filed. Find their will, any trusts or related documents, life insurance policies, vehicle titles or real estate deeds, bank statements, 401(k) records, tax returns, and stock certificates and store them in a safe place.
- Leave no stone unturned. Think of the things that you may hide away in your home and the lengths at which you go to hide them. This may seem like overkill, but we recommend searching through everything. That means, each pocket, each drawer, every container, and each nook and cranny to find hidden treasures. Being thorough in this step saves you time when the removal process begins because you’ll know where everything is already.
- Hold onto memorabilia. If you are preparing for an estate cleanout due to someone passing away, hold on to their pictures, scrapbooks, and trinkets as a keepsake. We are not recommending taking their junk and putting it in your home, but we are saying that pictures are worth more than a thousand words Keep the photos and trinkets, you’ll be glad you did when you want something tangible to remember them by.
- Work with your family to share items. This is one of the more difficult steps on the list because figuring out who ends up with what items can be an emotional conversation. If it helps, ask each family member to write down the things they definitely want to receive and work on compromising from there.
- Hire an appraiser. If there are antique items that could hold value, it pays to have an estate appraiser stop by and help you price everything out. That way you know what does and doesn’t have value and it makes the decision-making process a little easier when it comes to selling or donating the rest.
- Sell or donate the remaining items. While it isn’t easy to get rid of your loved one’s items,you can’t take all of their belongings into your home. At some point, you’re going to have to part ways with some of the knickknacks. If selling their items doesn’t feel right, donate them to a local charity which will gladly accept any goods.
- Hire help. Hiring real estate cleanout services to handle the heavy lifting as you clear out the home can help speed up the process. Our professionals at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? are trained to get the job done quickly so that you can focus on taking care of yourself and your family during this time.
Leave residential property cleanouts to the professionals
1-800-GOT-JUNK? is the world’s largest and most trusted junk removal company and we have been providing exceptional estate and foreclosure cleanout services since 1989. We know how difficult it can be to clean out a loved one’s home. Let us take care of the heavy lifting for you, we’re happy to help.
The property cleanouts we offer
Do you have other properties that need to be cleaned out? Call our house cleanout professionals to help with apartment cleanouts, foreclosure cleanouts, and real estate cleanouts.