CJ and Mike Did an outstanding job!
Professional Attic Clean Out Services
When you have items in your home that are no longer needed, storing them away can seem like the easiest solution. However, this can quickly lead to prime storage spaces, such as attics, reaching their capacity. When your attic has reached its brim with junk and you need attic cleanout services, call our friendly professionals at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to reclaim your space.
How to clean your attic with 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
Attic cleanups can be time-consuming, especially if your attic lacks organization. What often makes the problem more difficult is when attics are tricky to access or contain bulky items.. The good news is, attic cleaning isn’t a job you have to take on by yourself. 1-800-GOT-JUNK? is here to help! We handle attic cleanouts with ease!
How often should you clean your attic?
It is recommended to clean your attic once every six months to take an inventory of what you are storing and dispose of anything you no longer need. Since attics have very low foot traffic, they can become a home for critters to hide out in the cold months. Cleaning your attic at least once a year helps to keep these animals away.
Due to the low foot traffic, it is also a lot more likely for something to go wrong structurally without you knowing. A biannual cleaning will help you to get more familiar with your attic to recognize when things need to be fixed.
How to clean your attic
Cleaning your attic takes time and effort, but the process itself is simple. Regularly cleaning your attic will keep it functioning well as a storage unit and help save you time when you need to find your seasonal items.
If it’s time for your attic to get cleaned out, use these steps to tidy it up in no-time:
- Make some room. Remove easy-to-move belongings first such as clothes, boxes, and small furniture to create a space to start. Then safely remove the rest of the belongings or plan to shift them around as you clean.
- Be efficient. As you move items out of the attic, place the items you no longer need in a discard pile and put the items you intend to keep in another pile.
- Begin cleaning. Start dusting from top to bottom and knock any loose debris from the ceiling to the ground to be swept up or vacuumed later. If you have any hanging fixtures, be sure to dust them as well. Wipe all surfaces with a wet rag to be thorough.
- Inspect the insulation. Be sure to check your attic’s insulation for mold and block any holes that animals could get through. Look for moisture and fix any problem spots before continuing.
- Finish cleaning. Vacuum or sweep the flooring to clear the dust and debris.
- Store with a plan. Before you put your items back, think ahead to the next time you’ll need to pull them out. Put your seasonal items near each other and create an easy-to-access area for the items you’ll need to use more frequently. Heavy items and heat-sensitive items should not be stored in your attic.
- Save space. Use dividers, shelves, and stackable storage bins to stay organized and maximize space when putting your items back. If you keep important documents in your attic, put them in a fireproof safe. Use clear storage bins so you know the contents without having to pull the bin out..
- Discard your junk responsibly. Donate or sell any junk that you’re ready to part ways with. Local shelters and charities will gladly accept gently used goods. If your junk is damaged and not suitable for donation, be sure to recycle it! If you’re not sure how to properly deal with your unwanted items, call your local 1-800-GOT-JUNK? and they will recycle the recyclables and donate the donate-ables.
- Put it on the calendar. Set a date for your next attic cleaning to make it a routine. It’ll get easier every time, help you manage your clutter, and keep your attic structurally sound.
If you notice you have too much stuff in your attic while trying to clean, call the professionals at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to help you clear some space.
Attic storage ideas
After you clean your attic, think ahead to the future cleanings and do yourself a favor — get organized. Attics are often overlooked when homeowners consider buying furniture for their house. With how much we actually store in there, it makes sense to introduce a little time-saving organization.
Follow our DIY attic storage ideas as a way to manage your attic clutter:
- Build cubbies in slanted walls to maximize space.
- Use old furniture, such as a bookshelf, to help organize items.
- Install shelves so you can easily store and access items.
- Stackable storage bins help keep things organized and prevent rodents from nesting in cardboard boxes.
- Ceiling hooks and rods work well for storing clothing and hanging fixtures.
Simple storage solutions like these can go a long way in transforming a cluttered attic into a beautifully organized space.
Your local attic clean out solution
At 1-800-GOT-JUNK? we’re junk removal experts so we make the process of cleaning out your attic an easy one. When you choose us for attic clean out services, you don’t have to worry about moving your items — we’ll pick them up right from where they’re located. We’ll do all the heavy lifting for you. All you have to do is point!
Book Your Appointment Today!
How our service works:
- Schedule your No Contact Junk Removal service online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
- Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
- When we arrive, we'll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front all-inclusive price.
- We'll remove your items, being sure to only touch the items we're taking away, and sweep up the area. We'll then collect payment once the job is complete.