they were great! they called the day before to confirm and the day of appointment....
Quick Fire Damage Cleanup Services
Clean-up after a fire is a complex task. Not only is it emotionally difficult, but it also presents many physical challenges and can be extremely dangerous. Cleaning up after a fire requires specific supplies, techniques, and products to clean up safely and effectively. It can be challenging for residents to know where to start when faced with such a big job.
1-800-GOT-JUNK? can help clean up after a fire
At 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, we’re professionals who specialize in fire cleanup services and are here to help get your home or business back to normal as quickly as possible. We are a reputable fire damage cleaning company you can count on to provide fast, reliable, and professional service in your time of need.
Steps to take for fire cleanup
Before you start cleaning out your home there are some safety measures you need to take:
- Wait for a building inspection: If the fire damage was extensive, officials will instruct you on when you are able to safely enter the house.
- Contact an insurance company: Your insurance provider will instruct you on how to collect evidence of the damage for your claim. You may be asked not to touch anything inside your home for the time being.
- Essential repairs: Ask your insurance provider whether any immediate action needs to be taken, such as ventilating your home or urgent electrical repairs.
After you’ve got the go-ahead from your insurance provider and home inspector that it’s safe to enter your home, it’s up to you to consider any additional steps needed to clean up your home. If you don’t have the time or ability to complete this task alone, there are many fire cleanup services to help you out. Here are some steps to follow when cleaning your home after a fire:
- Call a junk removal company: If the fire damage was extensive, there will be tons of trash to get rid of. You may want to consider either a dumpster rental or calling a junk removal company such as 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. If you have any damaged items you need removed, our Truck Team Members can haul them away right from where they are located. We are in your neighborhood and always here to help.
- Self protection: It is extremely important to protect yourself and your loved ones from toxins. Be sure to open windows and doors to allow for proper ventilation and wear appropriate protective gear if you choose to do clean up work yourself.
- Arrange for restoration work: There are some mandatory tasks that require a professional, such as drying out floors and replacing damaged flooring to prevent mold growth.
- Clean up soot: Make sure you are using a suitable cleaner for soot. Cabinetry and walls in particular need to be cleaned as much as possible. You should also clean up any fire extinguisher residue.
- Clean up house structure: This includes all walls and ceilings that were affected by the fire. If there is minor damage, hot water and beach should suffice. The mixture should be used on any interior surfaces to clean and help prevent mildew growth.
- Repaint damaged surfaces: Make sure to only proceed with this step once all surfaces have completely dried. If the fire damage is more severe and interior surfaces have been completely soaked with water, it is best to contact a restoration professional to help preserve the structural integrity of your home.
When to hire fire clean up companies
Fire damaged homes often require extensive cleanup. There are many companies specializing in fire damage clean up that can be at your service. For damaged furniture and other large pieces of debris, a professional junk removal company, such as 1-800GOT-JUNK?, can help you do the heavy lifting.
Cleaning after fire damage
We understand that cleaning up a home with fire damage is a challenging and mentally exhausting task. Thankfully, our Truck Team Members at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? can help ease some of your stress during this time. We know time is of the utmost importance and we pride ourselves on always offering on time service. You can take comfort in knowing that our friendly, professional teams understand the delicate nature of these situations and will work hard to help get you back to normal as quickly as possible.
Your reliable smoke & fire debris removal specialists
At 1-800-GOT-JUNK? we’re able to clean up debris caused by fires quickly and efficiently, even in a time of crisis. We can take any non-hazardous items that two people can safely lift.
We’ve been on the front lines of many types of emergency cleanup situations, from natural disasters to fire damage and floods. When you call us, we’ll make sure we get there on time and provide you with a no obligation on-site estimate. If you require any other emergency junk removal services, feel free to check out our disasters page.
How our service works:
- Schedule your No Contact Junk Removal service online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
- Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
- When we arrive, we'll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front all-inclusive price.
- We'll remove your items, being sure to only touch the items we're taking away, and sweep up the area. We'll then collect payment once the job is complete.