Was very satisfied with the service . Great customer service .
Declutter your basement with 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
Basements often end up being used just for storage. It makes sense, as they are a convenient spot to get things out-of-sight while still giving you easy access to them. However, what starts as just a few items can quickly grow into piles of junk that you really don’t need to hang onto. It’s important to have a well organized basement so you don’t have to worry about tripping over broken furniture or breathing in dusty junk items lying around the space. Decluttering your basement will also give you the flexibility to move faster and transform your space into something you're proud of.
How to clean a cluttered basement
A cluttered basement can be daunting to deal with it when it comes to cleaning and organization. Whether you need to get this task done before a last minute move or a home renovation, it’s important for you to have a plan beforehand as well as setting aside a sufficient amount of time for cleaning. You can follow the steps below to help you stay organized. Our basement cleaning tips will help you get started in no time:
- Take inventory of all the items in your basement: This step is very important when it comes to dealing with cleanouts. You’ll want to haul all your items and place them in a pile in one place first, then move them to “keep” or “throw” piles. If you’ve got a ton of items to sort through, consider using colored sticky notes or stickers to help you keep track.
- Get rid of junk you absolutely don’t need: Anything that’s broken, rusty or collecting dust for years should be disposed of. If you need help getting junk out of your basement, feel free to give 1-800-GOT-JUNK? a call. Our truck team can haul out almost anything.
- Sort the remaining items left in your pile: After the junk items are taken care of, resort back to organizing the rest of your items. Make as many piles as you need to help you sort things as fast as possible. There’s no rush for this step as it is greatly dependent on the size of your basement and amount of items. Be sure to wear protective gear if your basement is particularly dusty or dirty.
- Deal with your sorted piles: Once you’ve sorted your pile in items you wish to keep, donate etc., focus first on coming up with a plan to deal with the items that should be moved out of your basement -whether you need to drive it to a donation facility, storage unit or sell it off online.
- Rearrange the items left in your basement: The final step is to think about where in your basement you wish to store items to keep. Consider storing similar items together on shelves or storage units.
We handle basement cleanouts with ease
If you’ve managed to let the junk pile up in your basement over the years, the thought of cleaning it out is probably a bit scary. The good news is, you don’t have to handle it on your own. If you need a hand with basement junk removal, call 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. We’re junk removal experts and have years of experience in basement cleanouts. We will do all the heavy lifting for you - so you don’t have to lift a finger!
As a full-service junk removal company, our crew will even sweep up your basement area afterwards to make sure the place stays sparkling clean! If you’ve got junk piles that are starting to take over your basement, it’s time to take back your space so you can actually use it again. Just think of what you could do with all that extra space!
Here's how our service works:
1. Schedule your junk removal service online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
2. Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
3. When we arrive, we’ll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front, all-inclusive price.
4. Once you agree to the price, we’ll remove your items, load them into our truck, and sweep up the area. There are no surprises or hidden fees added on after—the price we give you at the start is what you’ll pay when we’re done.
5. There’s no need to pay before we do the work—payment is only processed once the job is complete. We accept cash, Visa, and Mastercard, all of which can be completed with no contact.