Efficient attic clean out services
When we have things in our home that we don’t need anymore, we tend to store them or hide them out of sight instead of actually getting rid of them. Attics are prime spaces for storage and can get filled up quickly with junk and things we just don’t need. This leaves you with an attic filled with piles of junk that get in the way and prevent you from easily accessing the things you need to get to.
We offer attic cleaning near you
What often makes the problem worse is that attics can also be tough to clean out, since they can sometimes be tricky to access. This is especially difficult if you’ve got larger items that you need to remove from your attic. The good news is, attic cleaning isn’t a job you have to take on by yourself. 1-800-GOT-JUNK? is here to help!
How to clean out your attic
Whether you need to clean out your attic or require junk clean out before a major move, you should always stay organized when attending to this task. Read some of our attic cleaning tips below to get the job done efficiently.
- Remove all the clutter out of your attic: Having an empty room to start with is easiest when dealing with general cleaning of your area. After you remove all your items out of the attic, carefully inspect the area and clean it with supplies such as brooms and dusters.
- Wipe away dust: You’ll want to wipe down every inch of dust in the attic to prevent allergies and ensure your space is clean. General areas to attend to include windows, wooden beams, walls, and other surfaces. Make sure to wear proper protective clothing or even a mask if your attic is extra dusty.
- Vacuum and sweep: You’ll want to do this step after wiping after dust from your attic. The type of vacuum you use might differ depending on the amount of dirt in your attic.
- Checking your insulation is important: Check for signs of mold or moisture building up in your attic insulation to make sure the air in your home stays fresh. You may need to consider calling a professional attic insulation removal company to get rid of your insulation if your attic is old.
- Organize your attic items: Sort through the items and divide them up into “keep”, “donate” or “dispose” piles to help you get through the task as efficiently as possible. For your “keep” pile, consider putting them in storage boxes to keep dust and debris out.
- Donate and get rid of the rest: If you require junk removal services, call 1-800-GOT-JUNK? anytime for a no-obligation estimate. We can haul out anything a two-person crew can carry. Make sure to research what your donation center takes before driving your items to the donation depot.