They were respectful and informative thanks for a great job.
Flooded Basement Debris Removal
Flooding can happen for a variety of reasons. Whether it’s the result of a weather event or a problem with the plumbing in your home, cleaning up after a flood is always tricky. Once the water levels subside, you may find yourself with several water-damaged items that you need to get rid of. While you could try to take care of it yourself, this can be difficult if you have large items or several items to dispose of.
At 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, we’re experts at flood debris cleanup and can help get your home back to normal as quickly as possible. You can count on us for fast, professional service when you need it.
If you need help with flood debris removal, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? offers services you can rely on. Our teams are experts who understand that dealing with flood damage can be stressful, so they’ll work hard to help get your home back to normal as quickly as possible.
How to get rid of water damaged wood furniture
You may be wondering what to do with damaged furniture after a flood. To decide which pieces of furniture may still be salvageable, consider the following:
- Is the furniture valuable?
- What is the extent of the damage?
- How much will it cost to restore the furniture?
Water damaged wood may be stained, cracked, or swollen after a flood. Furthermore, the extent of damage depends on how long the furniture has been exposed to water. If you wish to try and salvage the furniture, try the following steps as soon as you can:
- Remove debris: Rinse off any pieces of debris on the furniture’s surface
- Dry the furniture thoroughly: If you can, remove the back of the furniture piece to allow for air to get in and dry the areas inside. If the furniture dries out too quickly, the wood may shrink or crack. It is best to not force anything open and allow enough drying time. Fans and dehumidifiers will help speed the process up, so contact your local restoration company and see if they have any on hand.
- Avoid direct sunlight: Drying wooden furniture in direct sunlight should be avoided, as it can cause damage.
Remember, the drying process can take weeks to finish. Unfortunately, damaged wooden furniture often requires professional expertise to restore. Contact a restoration expert or flood cleanup service to see what they suggest. If the furniture is unsalvageable, it may be best to call a junk removal company such as 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. If your furniture is in a basement and you need help carrying it upstairs, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Is one of the best flooded basement cleanup companies in the world.
Flooded home cleanup you can trust
We understand the need for quick resolution in these situations, which is why we always show up on time. After taking a look at the scope of the job, our team will quickly provide you with an on-site estimate. With the help of our professional crew, flooded house cleanup is easy. You don’t have to lift a finger! We price based on the volume of space your junk takes up in our truck, so you’ll never pay more than you should.
Your local flood clean up specialists
After a flood, you might find a few different types of debris around your home. Don’t worry—we can help with it all. This includes household items damaged by flooding, as well as outside debris that has been washed inside, such as fallen trees or branches, concrete, and metal. In fact, we can take any non-hazardous items that two people can safely lift.
In every situation, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? promises to handle the disposal of everything we pick up in an environmentally friendly way. We always recycle or donate items when possible and ensure everything is disposed of properly.
Your reliable flood debris removal solution
In the event of floods in large areas, our business is equipped with satellite communications and GPS technology, so we can continue to operate even when essential services are down, making 1-800-GOT-JUNK? the most reliable junk removal service around. We’re able to clean up debris caused by flooding quickly and efficiently, even in a time of crisis.
How our service works:
- Schedule your No Contact Junk Removal service online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
- Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
- When we arrive, we'll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front all-inclusive price.
- We'll remove your items, being sure to only touch the items we're taking away, and sweep up the area. We'll then collect payment once the job is complete.