Dre and Jonathan did such a great job and cleared everything out in 10 minutes.
Estate Cleanout Jobs Made Simple
During the difficult and sensitive time when one has to proceed with an estate cleanout, you want a company that will be punctual, patient, and respectful while treating you with care. Whenever possible, we will donate as many items as we can to a charity or goodwill. 1-800-GOT-JUNK? is the world’s largest and most trusted junk removal company and we have been providing high-quality removal since 1989.
How to empty house contents
Dealing with the death of a loved one is never easy. On top of that, the thought of handling an estate cleanout can be a draining and demanding task. If you need some guidance on how to get this task done during this difficult time, we’ve provided some tips on how to tackle this job as efficiently as possible:
- Locate and file away all financial documents. When a loved one passes, their taxes still need to be filed. Find their will, any trusts or related documents, life insurance policies, vehicle titles or real estate deeds, bank statements, 401(k) records, tax returns, and stock certificates and store them in a safe place.
- Search every corner. Think of the things that you may hide away in your home and the lengths at which you go to hide them. This may seem like a lot of work, but we recommend searching through everything. That means, each pocket, each drawer, every container, and each nook and cranny to find hidden treasures. Being thorough in this step saves you time when the removal process begins because you’ll know where everything is already.
- Hold onto memorabilia. If you are preparing for an estate cleanout due to someone passing away, hold on to their pictures, scrapbooks, and trinkets as a keepsake. We are not recommending taking their junk and putting it in your home, but we are saying that pictures are worth more than a thousand words. Keep the photos and trinkets, you’ll be glad you did when you want something tangible to remember them by.
- Work with your family to share items. This is one of the more difficult steps on the list because figuring out who ends up with what items can be an emotional conversation. If it helps, ask each family member to write down the things they definitely want to receive and work on compromising from there.
- Hire an appraiser. If there are antique items that could hold value, it pays to have an estate appraiser stop by and help you price everything out. That way you know what does and doesn’t have value and it makes the decision-making process a little easier when it comes to selling or donating the rest.
- Sell or donate the remaining items. While it isn’t easy to get rid of your loved one’s items,you can’t take all of their belongings into your home. At some point, you’re going to have to part ways with some of the knickknacks. If selling their items doesn’t feel right, donate them to a local charity which will gladly accept any goods.
- Hire help. Hiring real estate cleanout services to handle the heavy lifting and help clean out the house can help speed up the process. Our professionals at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? are trained to get the job done quickly so that you can focus on taking care of yourself and your family during this time. We handle residential cleanout efficiently so you don’t have to worry.
Estate Cleanout Services You Can Trust
Our friendly, professional crew can help take some of your stress away during this difficult time time, so you don’t have to worry about heavy lifting or hauling out items when it comes to estate cleanout. We are a full-service junk removal company that will even sweep up the place afterwards, to ensure it stays clean. We are here to help you and will gladly take almost anything.
Here's how our service works:
1. Schedule your junk removal service online or by calling 1-855-401-9462.
2. Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
3. When we arrive, we’ll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front, all-inclusive price.
4. Once you agree to the price, we’ll remove your items, load them into our truck, and sweep up the area. There are no surprises or hidden fees added on after—the price we give you at the start is what you’ll pay when we’re done.
5. There’s no need to pay before we do the work—payment is only processed once the job is complete. We accept cash, Visa, and Mastercard, all of which can be completed with no contact.