Both Davids were extremely helpful. They removed the bulky items quickly and cleanly, in way less...
We can help with crawl space clean up
When you have a crawl space, it’s a convenient place to store things that you want to get out of the way. The problem is, it’s often a little too convenient, and you end up continuously putting things in storage instead of simply getting rid of the things you no longer want. Over time, this makes it harder to access the things you actually need. If your crawl space is looking a bit cluttered and crowded, it’s time for some crawl space junk removal.
How to clean a crawl space under your house
Crawl spaces can be awkward to access, which makes the cleanout process even more of a pain to handle on your own. If you’re wondering why you maintaining a clean crawl space is important, here are just a few reasons:
- A number of pests, such as rodents or other unwanted pests can live inside the space
- Mold, mildew, and fungus can accumulate over time
- Standing water can accumulate
- If your crawl space is very old and hasn’t been cleaned out in a long time, structural collapse might occur as a result of wear and tear
- Damaged wiring
If you are stuck on where to start, and how to get the job done properly - follow the steps below to get going in no time:
- Wear protective gear: before you attempt to go into the crawl space, make sure you wear gloves, goggles or other protective clothing to ensure your safety.
- Assess the situation: before you touch anything, you should assess the current state of your crawlspace. If there are rats living inside or your crawl space is filled with standing water, it may be best to leave the clean up job to a professional. They may even have special tools available such as a crawl space vacuum that need to be used for sufficient cleaning.
- Use proper tools: Some common tools that people need when cleaning out crawl spaces themselves is a good quality wired brush, small paintbrush, and a can of fungicide to treat the wood structure on the crawl space. If you are pulling out insulation, make sure to have a suitable garbage bag ready for disposal.
- Call a junk removal company: Whether you’ve called a professional to fix your crawl space or done the job yourself, it’s important to get the crawl space junk disposed of accordingly. If you’ve got a bunch of rotten wood or insulation lying around, give 1-800-GOT-JUNK? a call. Our friendly crew can handle tough jobs so you don’t have to lift a finger!
- Make it a habit to routinely check on your crawl space: After you’ve cleaned out the space, it’s important to check up on the space every few months to ensure the space is dry, pest-free, and clean.
Your local crawl space clean out solution
We make the process of crawl space cleaning an easy one. We do all the heavy lifting, picking up your items right where they are and loading them into our truck. If you need a hand clearing out all that unwanted junk from your crawl space, call 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. We’re junk removal experts and are happy to help get that unwanted junk out of your way for good. There’s no need to struggle with getting your items outside first. All you have to do is point! We’ll take care of everything, leaving you with a clutter-free crawl space.
We offer up-front pricing and can haul away anything a two-person crew can carry away. We can get into hard to reach places so you don’t have to worry about your junk. Crawl space cleaning is made easy with the help of our full-service junk removal company. Call today or book online anytime for a crawl space junk estimate!
How our service works:
- Schedule your No Contact Junk Removal service online or by calling 1-800-468-5865.
- Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
- When we arrive, we'll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front all-inclusive price.
- We'll remove your items, being sure to only touch the items we're taking away, and sweep up the area. We'll then collect payment once the job is complete.