Here are the answers to some of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please feel free to contact us.
- What is 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
We are a full-service junk removal company. We haul away items that you no longer need, like renovation materials, construction debris, old sofas, mattresses etc.
We do our best to take the stress out of decluttering your home; Just Point & Junk Disappears!
- What can You Take Away?
We are able to take away anything non-hazardous that two people can lift.
What We Take:
- Wood: Fencing, firewood, and old timber
- Construction Materials: Debris & tiling
- Garden Refuse: Branches, trees and bush clippings
- Furniture: Couches & sofas, sofa beds and mattresses
- Garage, Shed & Attic Junk: Boxes, books, old tools and tires
- Concrete: Broken pathways, crumbling foundations or flooring
- Dirt, Soil & Sod: Yard waste & landscaping refuse
- Roofing Items: Tiles, flashing & general scrap
- Renovation Refuse: Walls, windows, floorboards, drywall, plasterboard & frames, etc.
What We DO NOT Take:
- Chemicals, solvents & Oils
- Storage & Oil Drums (unless empty and top & bottom cut out)
- Oil & Waste Storage Tanks
- Junk Vehicles (visit our partner Junk My Car to scrap your old car)
- Are You Licensed & Insured to do This Kind of Work?
All of our owners, trucks and team-members are fully licensed and insured. Every franchise is registered and retains the necessary permits to operate safely and within the bounds of local laws and regulations.
- Why Can't You Give Me an Exact Price Before You Arrive?
Pricing is based on volume and nature of the material. We can't give you an exact price until we are able to see your junk. We will book an appointment with you, and review the range of prices for your local area based on the amount of junk you tell us you have. Then the truck team will verify pricing on arrival.
- When Should I Book an Appointment?
Contact us as soon possible as time slots fill up quickly. Once you call or check out our site, we'll let you know the availability in your area. We need to know the ZIP CODE of the pick up address.
- Why are Appointments Booked in Two-Hour Timeslots?
Our truck teams will call you 15 to 30 minutes before your appointment time and give firm arrival times. This allows them to deal with unforeseen circumstances, such as traffic or jobs that were larger than expected.
- Can You do The Job for Me if I am Not Onsite?
Customers should be on site when trucks arrive. We call 15 to 30 minutes before arrival to let you know we are on the way. If you are unable to be on site, the drivers review pricing on arrival and call you for confirmation. They accept credit cards over the phone.
- I Really Need This Job Done but it Can Only be After Hours. Can You Do That?
Contact us and we'll be happy to discuss your options. It is unsafe for our drivers to do jobs when it is dark. Special arrangements can be made if required.
- What Do You Do With the Junk?
It depends on what you have. We will take some items to the transfer station and the rest to the dump. We are not a salvaging company or charity. We do our best to recycle as much junk as we can.
- Why Can't You Take Hazardous Materials?
Drivers and trucks are not licensed to carry hazardous materials. Call your local recycling or waste management hotline for further assistance.
- Can You Move my Stuff From one Location to Another?
We are not licensed to carry items for the purpose of moving them. The truck is a "junk" truck and is also dirty inside. We can only take away any items you no longer need.
- Why do You Charge for Your Services?
Truck Teams do all the loading, clean up and take items to the local dump or recycle them. We are charged at the dump just as you would be. We charge simply because we have to pay our employees, maintain our trucks & pay dump fees.
- What Equipment Does Your Truck Team Come With?
Two strong and efficient people, shovels, rakes, basic hand tools & sometimes a trolley or wheelbarrow. We do our best to come equipped with all of the tools necessary to handle most removal jobs however we do not operate machinery or carry ladders.
- Why Would I Use Your Service Rather Than a Dumpster?
Two people come and do all the labor and clean up. We charge based on the volume that items take up in our truck, and there are over 12 different price increments. Dumpsters sit on your property and you have to do all the loading and clean up yourself. You also pay for the entire bin, no matter how much you fill.
- How Big are Your Trucks?
The steel box on the back of our truck is 10 feet long, 8 feet wide and 5 feet high. It can fit eight, full-sized, stand-up refrigerators.