3. Identifying Purposes
Why do we collect and use your personal information?
We collect, use, disclose and retain personal information only for the purposes for which it was obtained or for purposes authorized or required by law. We will not collect, use, disclose or retain personal information for any other purposes unless your consent to do so is obtained.
We may collect personal information from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the service(s) you have requested;
- To offer you additional products and services we believe you might be interested in;
- To administer and conduct customer satisfaction surveys to improve and manage our relationship with you
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to address your concerns and monitor and improve our level of service;
- To inform you of new promotions, products and services offered by us;
- To comply with legal obligations and regulatory requirements;
- To detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity;
- to provide you with service notifications; and
- to provide you with franchise information.
Why do you share my personal information?
We also may share your personal information with the following entities:
- our affiliated companies;
- unaffiliated service providers with whom we may subcontract, including website hosting companies, fulfillment companies, payment processing companies, and other third-party service providers; and
- government agencies and law enforcement officials, when required to do so to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
4. Limiting Collection, Use, Disclosure and Retention
How much information do you collect from me?
We strive to limit the amount of personal information we collect to that necessary and appropriate for the identified purposes. We will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law. Personal Information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which we collected it or as may be required by law.
How do you obtain my consent?
Express consent may be given orally, in writing, or electronically. Implied consent is when we can reasonably infer consent from your circumstances. For example, when you provide us with your address, it is implied to be used to provide you with our services.
All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
SMS Terms of Service: 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Short Code 85865
- When you opt-in to the service, we will send you a message asking you to confirm your signup. Text YES to 85865 to receive 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Alerts. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency will vary based on your use. Text "HELP" for help. Text "STOP" to cancel.
- You can cancel this service at any time. Just text "STOP" to 85865. After you send the message "STOP" to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us.
- If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text "HELP" to 85865. After you send the message "HELP" to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- Participating carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
- T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
- For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or call our toll free number - 1-800-468-5865).
6. Accuracy and Safeguarding
How do you safeguard my information?
We are committed to keeping your personal information accurate, complete, current, and safe. Personal Information will be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information. We take all necessary precautions to protect your Personal Information from any loss or theft, unauthorized use, access or disclosure, copying or modification.
7. Your Privacy Rights - Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR)
Categories of Personal Information Collected
The personal information that we collect, or have collected from consumers in the past 12 months includes the following categories:
|Identifiers & Personal Information||Name, address, email, phone number, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address||Yes|
|Commercial information||Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories||Yes|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Information on a consumer’s interaction with a website or advertisement.||Yes|
|Audio information||Call recordings||Yes|
|Professional or employment-related information||Name, address, phone number, state identification, current or past job history, education||Yes|
Right to Access
You have a right to access your personal information held by us. Upon request to access your personal information, we will provide a response within 30 business days. We may require you to verify your identity to ensure that the access request is legitimate. We may request that you specify the type of information you would like to access. If we are unable to fulfill the access request within 30 business days, a written notice of time extension will be provided within 30 days of the request.
Right to Correct
You also have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information, and have that information amended as appropriate. Upon request to access your personal information, we will provide a response within 30 business days. We may require you to verify your identity to ensure that the access request is legitimate. We may request that you specify the type of information you would like to access. If we are unable to fulfill the access request within 30 business days, a written notice of time extension will be provided within 30 days of the request.
Right to Know and Delete
Consumers have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you. Upon receiving a request, we generally make every attempt to delete your personal information. However, in certain circumstances we will be required to retain your personal information in accordance with the permissible exceptions outlined in applicable law, such as for our lawful internal business purposes or to comply with a legal obligation. If we are not able to honor your deletion request, we will tell you. You also have the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. Specifically, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Opt-Out
At any time, you may opt out of receiving marketing or other communications from us. To do so, please contact us at email@example.com, or call us at 1-800-468-5865.
Right to Opt-Out of Selling Personal Information
We do not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood.
Right to Opt-Out of Sharing of Personal Information & Limit the Use of My Personal Information
Right to Non-Discrimination
Questions or Concerns
If you would like to submit a request (Data Subject Access Request (DSAR)) related to any personal information about you held by us or if you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please submit a written request to:
O2E Brands Inc.
Cc: Data Privacy Specialist
301 – 887 Great Northern Way
Vancouver, BC, V5T 4T5
For a DSAR, you may submit a request by filling out our contact us or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a DSAR form, where you can specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you that will be necessary in order to verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
Please Note: you have the right to designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. In order to exercise this right, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
8. Trans Border Data Flow
9. Business Transfer
Terms of Site Use
10.1 Tracking Technology
We collect non-personal Information about our website traffic and usage patterns from technology such as Cookies and Web Beacons. Cookies are small text files that help us to personalize the content of the Site. Web Beacons are electronic files used to track your navigation on a website or collection of sites, the completion of transactions, submission of applications and browsing behavior.
10.2 Online Behavioural Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for, the practices or technologies used, or any information collected by any third-party advertising companies. If you would like more information about the practices of third-party advertising companies and to know your choices about not having information collected or used by these companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/.
10.3 Information we Collect Automatically
When you visit the Site, we collect some basic information that does not identify individual users. This includes pages visited, types of products purchased, and feedback from our visitors, as well as location data, logs and other communication data, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
10.4 Information You Specifically Provide
We collect Information that you voluntarily provide when you register to access and use certain portions of the Site. We also collect Information from you that is necessary to identify you and to process and fulfill your requests for information or services from us, or to provide you with franchise information. If you interact with our Site by booking services, submitting feedback, joining a mailing list, writing a review or comment, or requesting any franchise information, you may provide us with personal information, including but not limited to:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
You can choose not to provide certain personal information, but then you may not be able to use certain features of the Site and we may not be able to provide you with certain services or information.
10.5 Our use of Your Personal Information
In addition, we also may use your IP address and information about the web pages you visit to gather broad demographic information, and information about interests and behaviors so that we may better understand our Site users. This information may be used, for example, to analyze and improve our Site design and functionality.
We may also share your non-personal information to deliver tailored advertising to you that matches your interests when you visit our Site as well as other websites.
You may opt out of the use of your information at any time, subject to applicable legal restrictions and on reasonable notice to us or our third-party advertising partner, as the case may be. To learn more about the use of your information or to choose not to have your information used by our third-party advertising partner by opting out, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here. If you delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
10.6 Children’s Privacy Protection
The Site does not target children or provide products or services for use by children. We do not knowingly collect information from persons under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you may review the Site only under the supervision of a parent or guardian, and you may not use any portion of the Site that would require collection of personal information from you.
10.7 Linked Internet Websites
The Site may provide hypertext links to other websites that may contain privacy provisions that are different from those provided herein. We do not control, and are not responsible for the collection, use, disclosure or retention of any information collected through those websites, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability related to such collection, use, disclosure or retention. You are encouraged to read the privacy policies of any other websites reached through the use of links from the Site.
We use a variety of standard protections to maintain the security of your online session. Although the Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, we cannot guarantee that such security measures will be sufficient, will not be breached, and that your information may not be disclosed or otherwise accessed in any unauthorized manner. Certain information may be transmitted to you by electronic mail. Although it may be illegal to intercept or disclose these messages, these transmissions are not secured.